This individual will contribute to the efforts of the department by being able to repair/assemble and diagnose any problems with all Skytron equipment. The individual will provide input and report to the shop team leader on the following accuracy, inventory levels, suggestions or improvements, safety compliance and operational efficiencies. Technicians are also responsible for representing the company's core values and ensuring the highest possible quality of product.
- Responsible for the repair of all Skytron equipment, both new and used.
- Prepares equipment for shipment to customers, this includes the crating of product and ensuring it is properly labeled.
- Completes tasks deemed necessary by supervisors, including but not limited to, building table pendants, assisting with boom builds and QC incoming products.
- Cleans showrooms daily, setting equipment in proper location, wiping down all stainless, testing equipment to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Assists with the set up of classrooms and other facility related tasks.
- Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation and project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devises, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requiring minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with desire to further education relevant to job demands.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some experience with light mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics is desirable.
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com or (800) 759-8766.