Receiving Team Member - Grand Rapids
The Receiving Team Member reports to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. The Receiving Team Member works together to perform all tasks related to the unloading, receipt, and put away of inbound product related to purchase orders which are delivered via UPS/Fed-Ex, Ground, LTL and OTR carriers (containers). Work with minimal supervision. Responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in product or process and work with appropriate persons to resolve.
- Unload shipments with the appropriate material handling equipment as may be required. This requires the individual to be able to carefully select the best piece of equipment for moving loads and to safely and skillfully move product. The individual needs to know and use proper lifting practices for hand unload deliveries.
- Accurately and efficiently, sort and segregate items by product number and verify product item number(s) and quantities based on the picklist. Properly label product, including serial, or lot-tag, identification labels when required.
- Perform put away tasks and inventory transfers in an accurate, safe and timely manner.
- Perform daily/weekly cycle counting of inventory as determined by Plant Manager.
- Research all issues or errors, and complete all steps required to correct them. Reach out to and effectively communicate with the Boom Area, Purchasing Team, Customer Service, and/or Supervisor for assistance with any issues or errors and to successfully support order changes, additions etc. as necessary.
- Accurately and efficiently, process all orders through the ERP System.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment according to task sheet assignments.
- Actively participate in CI projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross train in all areas of the Shipping and Receiving department, demonstrating a willingness to help and train in areas outside the Shipping and Receiving department when instructed.
- Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation, project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devises, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions, and prints. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions. Addresses the cause of the problems, modifies systems, processes or work instructions to rectify. Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- MHE experience. RF scanner experience highly preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 1-3 years of material handling experience. General understanding of Distribution as a whole is preferred. Basic understanding and experience of the use of basic hand tools and power hand tools.
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license.
- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to email@example.com.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 759-8766.