Accounting Analyst - Cost Accounting & Commissions - Grand Rapids
The Accounting Analyst is responsible for analyzing the corporate financial status by collecting, monitoring and studying data and recommending actions. Main areas of data monitoring are related to inventory, costing, pricing, GPO and IDN, distributors and commissions.
- Responsible for the distributor’s commissions and pass-through process.
- Monitors, reconciles and analyzes inventory.
- Reconciles GL accounts and transactions by analyzing, comparing and correcting data.
- Improves financial status by analyzing margin and results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data. Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Assists with special projects, ad-hoc reports and company-wide financial support as assigned.
- Gives customers' internal/external needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Demonstrates a desire to assist others, promotes positive behavior to internal/external customers. Eliminates systems/bureaucratic barriers to deliver exceptional service.
- Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers; seeks understanding; encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit.
- Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- Proficient computer skills, mastery of specified technology and software tools.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5 years' experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting methodologies and systems, ability to work with computerized systems and read and articulate concepts.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, IFS or similar ERP systems.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to email@example.com.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 759-8766.