Marketing & Events Coordinator - Grand Rapids
The Marketing & Events Coordinator assists with various administrative functions that support the sales, marketing, corporate accounts and executive teams. Duties include coordination of Skytron Academy, sales and service training, and hospitality functions within the organization. This position also serves as a resource for distributor and customer inquiries.
- Provide administrative support to Skytron’s marketing, sales, executive, and corporate accounts teams.
- Serve as the primary contact and events coordinator for meetings, site visits, training events and other hospitality endeavors.
- Provide follow-up to marketing-related requests and inquiries by phone and email.
- Contribute to the day-to-day administrative functions of the marketing team, including social media updates, advertising, literature edits and upkeep.
- Gives customers' internal/external needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Demonstrates a desire to assist others, promotes positive behavior to internal/external customers. Eliminates systems/bureaucratic barriers to deliver exceptional service.
- Verifies work to ensure accurate results; requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Internally motivated, works well with little or no supervision; maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals; maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure.
- Devises workable solutions.
- Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times; consistently punctual and dependable in attendance; leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior; voluntarily assists others.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in business, management, communications or similar discipline, preferred.
- Two or more years of hospitality and event coordination experience, preferred.
- Prior experience in customer service, administration, general sales support or proposal creation is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Typing proficiency and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to email@example.com.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 759-8766.